I can kind of agree with the stop signs at the church intersection but those other ones are ridiculous.
I can kind of agree with the stop signs at the church intersection but those other ones are ridiculous.
[LEFT][IMG]http://www.dsslexius.net/forums/images/smilies/goneinsanegif.gif[/IMG][/LEFT]
Yeah, I do agree with the stop signs at the church, but, like you, I am just "bumfuzzled" at the others. I heard that the residents wanted those put in years ago when either Talmadge Warren or Ben Allen were the mayors. I know Ben lives in that area and Warren did too, when he was alive. Cops, just sit there at night and pull people over all the time at those 4-ways. That is officer Eddie Phillips' favorite past time from what I hear.
Just found another one today. Going towards Coeburn from Norton, there's that gap in the median (right past the place where they sale the trailers or whatever to haul things) that's used for I really don't know what, but it's on the fourlane and people will stop right dead in the middle. I was right behind someone *****footing in the passing lane, so i got in the other lane to pass them, I look in the rear view on down the road and he had stopped at that gap...then I seen smoke where some just slammed their brakes on, which there were a lot of cars and could have cause a disaster. What are people thinking? ****ing idiots, how stupid can you be?
I seen in here about the revving, it's pretty popular with guys my age, I just don't get it. This isn't 1955, who the **** does that or races like that? Buckeye and I were standing in the front of the parking lot talking the other night, we seen this guy walk out with his gf, get's in his car like two roles down, comes all the way around to where we were...slows down, then reeves his engine at us, and takes off. WTF? Okay? We just laughed, don't people know they laugh at them? Another reason why I can't stand most guys my age, dumbass showing off.
These posts are great stuff. Definitely made my night reading some of these stories.
R13 I have to give it to you: awesome thread! I'd been meaning to do something like this before but never got around to it.
HERE is something else that made me incredibly angry. Without having to click the link to read the details in a previous post I made, it involves a moron(s) who went flying past me on Wise Mountain even when I was doing a good rate of speed. Not too slow, not too fast. Not only is it already idiotic enough to go speeding around some of those curves (the guy had to be going 55+), but the fact that you have double-yellow lines all the way down the entire mountain makes it that much more aggravating.
Thinking of that driver still ****es me off to this day. I would love to know who it was.
People who try to pass you in town for one spot in a line of traffic. Norton is the worst place for this. There will be a line of traffic you can see all the way thru town, and because I don't sit right on the rear-end of the car in front of me, someone will hit the right lane and try to shoe-horn their way back in on my hood. Hope they enjoy their visit to Dairy Queen.
We'll keep the lights on for you.
Spuds
What do you mean? That guy was a total badass.
Tailgating gets me the most, and I will not hesitate to do like DJP mentioned and cut my speed by 3/4 and make it so that they can not pass me. They then try to bright light me from behind if it's dark... Like what the hell? Is that going to make me happy and just stop? Just takes a swing of the wrist to point that mirror elsewhere and my problem is solved while I get a good laugh.
[I]I've been very lonely in my isolated tower of indecipherable speech. [/I]
Bookmarks